Time is running out for young writers to submit their short stories for the annual Schools Short Story Competition, which is part of the Time of the Writer festival.
The competition is open to all South African high school learners and is an excellent springboard for future South African writers.
In a world where a culture of reading and writing must be nurtured, this is an important initiative that encourages our youth to express themselves creatively.
The 19th Time of the Writer, hosted by UKZN’s Centre for Creative Arts, learners to submit their short stories for the annual Schools Short Story Competition by this Friday (26 February).
Winners will be awarded cash prizes, book vouchers and complimentary tickets to the festival.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all South African high school students.
- There is no particular topic for the short stories.
- The short stories can be written in English or isiZulu.
- Illegible entries will not be considered (Typed entries preferred).
- Short stories are to be a maximum of 5 pages in length.
- Deadline for submissions is 26 February 2016. (16:00)
How to enter
Entries can be submitted by one of the following methods:
Fax: 031 260 3074
Hand Delivery: Centre for Creative Arts, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Howard College Campus, Mazisi Kunene Avenue, Durban, 4041, South Africa
All entries must include:
- Name of School (Contact and physical address)
- Name of submitter (Grade, age and contact details)
- Ensure that all pages are numbered.
Looking for a great web host, try Hostking